The main event of York Pride returns to the Knavesmire, bigger and better than ever before!
YO1 Radio Stage and Family Area
Queer Arts Cabaret Tent
Check back for more information about the big day soon!
Got a question? Here are some answers to the main things we get asked...
● How much is entry to the York Pride Festival?
York Pride is a free, family-friendly event! Whilst there is no entry fee, donations are welcome to ensure that the event can continue in the future.
● How do I find the York Pride Festival site?
The York Pride main festival event is held on the Knavesmire, next to York Racecourse.
● Satnav Postcode: YO23 1EW
● Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/
● What3Words: ///sticky.crowd.charm
● Can I park my car at the York Pride Festival?
Unfortunately we have no car parking facilities at the Knavesmire site - we have limited parking for those with a blue badge only. If you have a blue badge there is no need to book this just turn up on the day with your blue badge. Please note that only resident permit holders can park in most nearby streets.
● Is food and drink available on the Festival site?
Yes! We have a wide range of food stalls on the day, including plant-based and gluten-free options, together with a large fully licenced bar selling alcohol and soft drinks.
● Can I bring my own food and drink to York Pride?
Yes you can! Note that no glass should be brought onto the site. Please help us keep the Knavesmire nice and tidy by putting any rubbish in one of the many bins available.
● Where are the nearest cashpoints?
There are no cashpoints on the Festival site. The nearest ones are:
● Sainsbury’s Local, 56-58 Blossom Street, YO24 1AP
● 24hr Cash, 29 Bishopthorpe Road, YO23 1NA
● Knavesmire Service Station, 20-22 Tadcaster Road, YO24 1LQ
● Is the site accessible?
At York Pride we want everyone to celebrate with us, so we have many provisions and facilities in place to ensure we all have a great day - check out our Accessibility Guide for full details
Our event is held on an open grass field, which can be uneven in places. We are trying to source some accessible trackway pathing but additional care should be taken.
We also have an accessibility ramp and a raised viewing platform facing the main stage, together with fully-accessible disabled toilets. There is a small amount of parking available on site for those with a blue badge.
Please speak to a Marshal on the day for further help and advice. If you do have any special requirements email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to assist.
● Is there a 'quiet hour' at the Festival?
York Pride will have a 'Quiet Hour' on the festival site from 11:30am, before the parade arrives, where the site and stalls can be enjoyed without the crowds, music and noise.
● Is the Festival family and dog-friendly?
Yes, we welcome all families to our event! Furry members of the family are welcome too - please be mindful that large crowds will be present, keep them on a lead and please clean up after them!